Travel around the U.S.A. by state jelly bean preference

Hiya, greetings from London. Though my body is in Blighty, part of my heart remains with the good ol' U.S.A., especially at holiday time. With Easter fast approaching (April 1 both here and in the States), time to think of one's favorite treats. Yes, I love a good chocolate malt ball-stuffed bunny or a blue Peep or even some of that finely glazed ham Mom makes. But I really love butter-flavored Jelly Bellies. Top Jelly beans Flavors from CandyStore.comSource: CandyStore.com
Thus, I was tickled to see that my former state of Connecticut agrees with my choice, as reported by Candystore.com. The company has provided a beautiful graphic delineating each state's preference. Here are the top 6 faves:
#1 Buttered Popcorn. As Candystore says, yes, "it's polarizing" but it's also America’s #1 favorite for a reason - with its salty-but-sweet flavor reminiscent of a trip to the movies, it's unmatched. Wish I had a handful right now.
#2 Black Licorice. Black licorice was one of the original Jelly Belly flavors back in the 1970s, says Candystore, and remained the #1 favorite until this year. It’s a "classic", says CS.
#3 Cinnamon. These jelly beans, like the gum, aren't for everyone. My father is allergic to cinnamon, for example, but I absolutely crave it. I even put out cinnamon spice in rooms for fragrance. I will definitely scoop up some cinnamon jelly beans if I'm unable to get buttered popcorn.
#4 Watermelon. "Refreshing watermelon jelly beans are irrefutably delicious. That’s why we’re not surprised this classic jelly bean flavor is the fourth most popular in America," says Candystore.
#5 Cherry. Cherry jelly beans, says Jelly Belly, were the jelly bean of choice for over 20 years until buttered popcorn usurped them. "However, cherry made a bit of a comeback in 2003 and outshone buttered popcorn once again. According to the American people who shop at our online candy store and those took our survey, it looks like for now cherry is in buttered popcorn’s shadow yet again," says Candystore.
#6 Pear / Juicy Pear. This light fruity choice is a clear crowd fave. "If you haven’t given juicy pear jelly beans a chance, grow a pear and try some," jokes Candystore.
Statewise, besides Connecticut and its love of buttered popcorn (knew something was delicious there besides the egg-n-cheeses and clam chowder I miss), California's and Georgia are among the many states who choose it; while Alaska's fave is black licorice; Alabama's and Florida's and is watermelon;and Idaho's is Orange. For more on the rankings, please see the colorful graphic here.

Comments